BEIJING, Sept 21 (Reuters) - U.S. aluminium company Alcoa Inc will work with China's largest bus manufacturer to design lighter buses using aluminium that will reduce fuel usage and cut greenhouse gas emissions, the two companies said on Friday. Zhengzhou Yutong Bus Company Ltd and Alcoa hope to develop a prototype bus design before the Olympic Games in Beijing in August 2008, they said. "We realise that reducing the weight of tomorrow's short- and long-range buses will be essential for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Alcoa, China's Yutong to work on light bus design" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.