LONDON, Jan 28 (Reuters) - U.S. aluminium producer Alcoa Inc said it plans an orderly shutdown of its two Italian smelters by February 6, despite government efforts to find energy at a competitive price. But the company committed earlier this week to restarting one of the plants if it can secure cheap power and conditions are conducive. (Reporting by Karen Norton; editing by William Hardy)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Alcoa to shut Italy aluminium plants by Feb 6." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.