* Strategy reverses move away from risk * Ally plans to make half of loans on used cars * Plan is growth strategy following separation from GM * Tactic working now with used car prices at record highs * Others pile in, threatening repeat of past mistakes By David Henry NEW YORK, May 31 (Reuters) - Ally Financial Inc, the United States' largest maker of car loans, hopes that people have forgotten the time when "subprime" became a synonym for "disaster." Ally, once known as GMAC ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ally Financial bets on risky subprime car loans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.