CHICAGO, Feb 27 (Reuters) - American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. said on Friday it has reached a settlement with the United Auto Workers union on a new contract. The auto parts supplier said it expects its work force back on the job starting with the second shift. About 6,500 workers had gone on strike shortly after midnight on Thursday when the former four-year contract expired.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"American Axle says UAW strike settled" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.