DETROIT, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Contract talks between American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. and the United Auto Workers were stalled with hours remaining on the union's contract, and local bargaining units were preparing to strike, union officials briefed on the talks said on Monday. Talks between the two sides have snagged on the union's proposal to create a "wage bridge" that would allow lower-paid new hires to earn more with eventual seniority, and on the Detroit-based company's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"American Axle-UAW talks stall, strike plans set" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.