By Sujoy Dhar NEW DELHI, May 28 (Reuters) - Militias of a communist party ruling an eastern Indian state have killed people and raped women with impunity after farmers refused to give their land for industry, Amnesty International said on Wednesday. The human rights abuses occurred after the West Bengal government failed to persuade farmers of Nandigram to sell their land for a chemical industry complex, the organisation said. "People who abused, who attacked, who took recourse to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Amnesty slams India communists for land violence" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.