MUMBAI, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Indian auto parts maker Amtek Auto Ltd. said on Wednesday it would set up a manufacturing facility in an equal partnership with Canada's Magna Powertrain, a unit of Magna International Inc. . The unit, to be set up in India, would make flexplate assemblies used in automobiles, the company said in a statement. The unit is expected to begin operations in late 2007, the company said.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Amtek in JV with Canada's Magna Powertrain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.