By Gilles Castonguay MILAN, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Forget Fiat SpA's planned alliance with Chrysler LLC [CBS.UL] for the moment. If the Italian industrial group is going to pay off debt coming due this year, it will need a banker, not a partner. The Italian industrial group has 3.3 billion euros of maturing debt and it needs a new line of credit to pay for it. It had a line of 2 billion euros, but used that up last year to help out CNH , its U.S. tractor and combine unit. A new line of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ANALYSIS-For 2009, Fiat needs a banker, not a partner" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.