* GM drops bid for Energy Dep't loans key for Chrysler * Chrysler request for $3 bln in loans snags on collateral * DOE loans key to refinance Chrysler debt, cut costs By Deepa Seetharaman DETROIT, Jan 27 (Reuters) - General Motors Co has taken a big step away from the stigma of its government bailout, just as its smaller rival Chrysler Group LLC furiously lobbies Washington for $3 billion in subsidized loans. GM withdrew its application for $14 billion in low-interest loans from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ANALYSIS-Chrysler badly needs cheap loans GM spurns" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.