By Deepa Seetharaman NEW YORK, Feb 25 (Reuters) - As criticism mounts to make over the Dow Jones Industrial Average , the godfather of one of the oldest stock forecasting methods known as Dow Theory sees few pressing reasons for upending its lineup. Debate about how well the Dow industrials reflect the broader economy, and therefore the worth of Dow Theory, has swelled in recent months. Critics argue that an overhaul of the price-weighted index is needed now that five of the Dow's 30 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ANALYSIS-Dow Theory still valid despite calls for overhaul" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.