* Minus Volvo, automaker hones focus on Ford brand * Sale leaves Ford without global luxury presence * Ford has many options, acquisitions unlikely near term By David Bailey DETROIT, March 31 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co's sale of its Volvo unit this year will leave the No. 2 U.S. automaker with no luxury brand outside North America. But does Ford even need one? At least for now, analysts say no. They may bemoan a lost opportunity to integrate the money-losing Swedish brand Volvo ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ANALYSIS-Ford subtracts Volvo, makes Blue Oval main focus" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642