* Magna seen favourite to buy Opel as July 15 deadline nears * GM, Berlin need other bidders to retain some leverage * Econ ministry grumbles but also sees Magna as solution By Christiaan Hetzner and Angelika Gruber FRANKFURT, June 25 (Reuters) - Neither the German government nor bankrupt U.S. carmaker General Motors will admit it, but rival suitors for GM's Opel unit are likely just pawns in a high-stakes game of poker with favoured bidder Magna . Magna, a Canadian auto parts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ANALYSIS-Rival bidders provide needed theatrics for Opel deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642