* MAN SE CEO's exit clears path for three-way truck alliance * Volkswagen chairman needed to remove roadblock * Samuelsson no longer needed with MAN restructuring done By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, Nov 25 (Reuters) - For 1 billion euros any manager is expendable -- even the high-profile chief executive of German truckmaker MAN , Hakan Samuelsson. Monday's exit by Samuelsson meant talks can resume with Swedish Scania over a three-way truck alliance under the banner of common ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ANALYSIS-Samuelsson had to go for VW's dream to come true" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.