* Clear potential longer term for shift to Shanghai * Need yuan convertibility, business reform * Foreign reluctance for local domestic partnerhips By Pratima Desai LONDON, May 26 (Reuters) - Metals trading in Shanghai has surged dramatically since early 2009, but talk of it ousting London as a world benchmark is premature because of restrictions on China's currency and foreign firms. Volumes of copper futures traded on the Shanghai Futures Exchange (SHFE) last year rose to nearly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ANALYSIS-Talk of SHFE ousting LME from top spot premature" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.