For more on Toyota's safety recall, click [ID:nN27231388] * Quality problems follow period of rapid expansion * Company wary of backlash after taking top spot By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia autos correspondent TOKYO, Jan 28 (Reuters) - When Toyota Motor Corp was on the brink of overtaking General Motors [GM.UL] as the world's biggest automaker in 2008, executives were busy sending out warning signals about the dangers of being No.1. Toyota is now witnessing the realisation of those fears, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ANALYSIS-Toyota recall debacle highlights dangers of being No.1" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642