* Companies try to address recession fears in ad campaigns * Some offer refunds for people losing their jobs * Tough times bring opportunities, but sensitivity required * NBA team shares jobless fans' resumes with sponsors By Ben Klayman and Paul Thomasch CHICAGO/NEW YORK, Feb 25 (Reuters) - When Hyundai Motor Co launched a new U.S. incentive program allowing buyers who lost their jobs to return just-purchased new cars, Rick Case was blown away by the consumer response. Case, who ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ANALYSIS-U.S. advertisers tell consumers: We feel your pain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.