* Fiat may look elsewhere for scale if Opel bid fails * Merged Fiat-Peugeot would be biggest Europe car maker * Volvo, GM's Saab are too small for Fiat's goals * Fiat, Peugeot lack money for restructurings By Ian Simpson MILAN, May 29 (Reuters) - Italian automaker Fiat SpA could turn to France's PSA Peugeot Citroen as a potential merger partner if its bid for Germany's Opel fails, but a deal would be full of complications. With rival bidder Magna International apparently moving ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ANALYSIS-Will Fiat make Peugeot Plan B if Opel bid fails?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.