NEW YORK, Jan 29 (Reuters) - AOL Time Warner Inc. sold its 8.4 percent stake in Hughes Electronics Corp. for about $800 million, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday. Citing people familiar with the sale, the newspaper said AOL sold the stake in Hughes, a subsidiary of General Motors Corp. and parent of DirecTV, in a block trade to Bank of America Corp. , which is expected to resell the shares on the open market. The company sold its entire position as part of its "focus on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AOL sells Hughes stake to cut debt load-WSJ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.