NEW DELHI, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Apollo Tyres plans to raise tyre prices this quarter to ease pressure on margin due to rising raw material costs, a top official said on Friday. "There is every chance," Chief Financial Officer Sunam Sarkar told Reuters over the telephone. This will be the third round of price hike by the tyre maker that raised prices by 5 percent on Jan. 1 and 3 percent in November. Raw materials account for 70 percent of tyre-making costs. (Reporting by Sanjeev ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Apollo Tyres to hike prices in March quarter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.