NEW DELHI, May 27 (Reuters) - Apollo Tyres Ltd is open to the possibility of buying rubber plantations to fight surging rubber prices that have been eroding tyre makers' margins, a top executive said on Friday. "As far as buying rubber plantations, or for that matter any kind of backward integration, is concerned, we are always open to possibilities depending upon the need of the hour," Neeraj Kanwar, vice-chairman and managing director, told Reuters in an e-mailed response. The tyre ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Apollo Tyres open to buying rubber plantations-MD" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.