LONDON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - British train and bus operator Arriva Plc said on Tuesday it had agreed the sale of its car and commercial vehicle rental division to Northgate Plc for around 129 million pounds ($228 million). Arriva said the proceeds would be applied initially towards repayment of debt and would significantly strengthen its balance sheet at a time when it is pursuing acquisition and franchise opportunities that would strengthen its presence in key markets.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Arriva agrees sale of unit for 129 mln stg" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.