DETROIT, April 29 (Reuters) - Auto parts supplier ArvinMeritor Inc said on Tuesday it had held preliminary talks with the United Auto Workers on transferring retiree-related costs to a trust fund, similar to the deal pioneered by Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co . ArvinMeritor also said it would seek to pass on higher steel prices to its customers, including major automakers. "The bottom line is that we cannot and we will not be the ones to bear the increases," ArvinMeritor Chief Financial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"ArvinMeritor seeks Goodyear-style retiree deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642