May 28 (Reuters) - Metaldyne Corp, a unit of Japan's Asahi Tec , said it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Wednesday. The company said on its website that the filing does not include its non-U.S. entities or operations and that Asahi is not part of the filing. RHJ International SA said it would buy a majority of Metaldyne assets. [nWEA4588] (Reporting by Ajay Kamalakaran in Bangalore; Editing by David Cowell)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Asahi Tec's Metaldyne files for Chapter 11" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.