By Jiwon Chung SINGAPORE, May 19 (Reuters) - Asian demand for gasoline additive MTBE will keep growing along with clean fuel use though it faces competition from ethanol in the region and is being phased out in the United States, industry experts said on Friday. Clarence Woo, executive director with the Asian Clean Fuel Association, said methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) could be the best choice for Asia, where demand for cleaner non-oil energy resources is set to rise with tighter ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Asia MTBE demand seen riding on clean fuel growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.