DETROIT – Robert Purcell, former leader of General Motors Co.’s EV-1 project, believes that China may lead in the fourth era of the automobile. “The history of the automobile can be divided into four eras,” Purcell told CBU/CAR at the 2nd Business of Plugging-In conference held at the Renaissance Center in Detroit recently.. The former GM executive, who is now chairman and CEO of Protean Electric, a company that develops in-wheel electric drive systems, said that “the first era was in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China May Lead in Fourth Era of the Automobile" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642