Subsidies for domestic-made electric cars downplayed by some dealers.
The Chinese government’s RMB6 billion ($960 million) promotional budget has done little to encourage consumers to buy energy-saving vehicles, the official news agency reports. The latest government funding to promote the sales of cars with engine displacement of 1.6L or less is on top of the RMB12 billion ($1.9 billion) available to subsidize energy-saving autos such as hybrids and electric vehicles since 2010. But the Xinhua news agency says consumers have shown little interest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chinese Steering Clear of Energy-Saving Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.