Mahindra far behind No.2 auto maker Tata but closing gap.
MUMBAI – Mahindra & Mahindra and Toyota provided glimmers of positive news in an otherwise dismal March for most of India’s major auto makers. Sales figures provided by each manufacturer showed market leader Maruti Suzuki absorbed the least damage, as deliveries declined 4.8% year-on-year to 119,937 units. Tata fared the worst, with sales tumbling 66.6% from like-2012 to 12,347 units. Ford India plunged 41.6%, General Motors India dropped 14.9% and Hyundai India fell ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Few Bright Spots in March for India Vehicle Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.