Amaze compact sedan hit for Honda in otherwise moribund market.
MUMBAI – Light-vehicle sales in India fell 7.1% in first-half 2013 compared with a year earlier, to 1.6 million units. Car deliveries slumped 15.2% to 957,009 and light trucks, which showed double-digit growth earlier, have stalled the past three months. In June alone, car sales declined 9% to 141,082 units and light trucks almost held steady to 95,245, leaving LV deliveries down 5.5% to 236,327. The market is contracting despite incentives such as cash discounts and cost-free ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indian Auto Makers Seek Tax Relief as Sales Fizzle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.