Avanza runaway sales leader in Indonesia, region’s top market.
TOKYO – Southeast Asian automakers had mixed results in the first half of 2014, with Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam generally up and Thailand and Taiwan down. Assemblies in Indonesia totaled 674,364 vehicles between January and June, up 14.9% year-on-year. Included were 404,099 vehicles with 2-wheel drive (down 5.3%); 144,484 pickup trucks (up 1.9%); 18,960 sedans (up 604.0%); 11,802 units with 4-wheel drive (down 7.1%); and 2,930 buses (up 6.5%). Sales of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indonesia Sets SE Asia Sales Pace as Thailand Reels" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.