ML350 BlueTec Diesel sees $8,000 discount between Australia, U.K. markets, study says.
Australia’s turbocharged new-car market sees its 67 brands struggling to make a profit, but consumers ultimately winning in the bare-knuckle competition. The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries says a vast majority of the 350 models sold in the country transact at a lower price than in other right-hand-drive markets. That makes for a buyer’s market and may speed the death of the local car-manufacturing industry. After peaking at 475,000 units in 1970, domestic output has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Industry Says Price War Undercuts Weakened Oz Auto Sector" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.