Sonata leads way as Hyundai maintains domestic dominance.
TOKYO – Korean automakers produced 2,342,542 vehicles in their home market between January and June, up 2.6% from last year's 6-month total, the Korean Auto Manufacturers Assn. reports. Of the total, 2,138,586 were cars and 203,956 commercial vehicles. In full-year 2013 production grew marginally to 4,521,429 units, including 4,122,604 cars and 398,825 commercial vehicles. Domestic sales of 712,800 units in the January-June period were up 5.3% from same-2013, the association ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Korea Output, Domestic Sales Up in First-Half 2014" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.