Plan would make Victoria center of LPG-vehicle conversion.
A state government-backed committee is to investigate a plan to reinvent Australia’s vehicle-manufacturing industry by converting new cars to run on liquid petroleum gas at world-class facilities in Victoria. The proposal by the Victoria Automotive Chamber of Commerce and Gas Energy Australia initially would create up to 500 jobs and make use of high-end skilled labor that will be idled as conventional car manufacturing in Australia contracts. An LPG-vehicle manufacturing “center ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"LPG-Vehicle Plan Gets Closer Look as Way to Save Australian Auto Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.