Social media key element of A-Class marketing.
MUMBAI – Mercedes-Benz India is trying to make up ground lost rapidly to rival luxury-car makers BMW and Audi. Mercedes models have been sold in India since the 1950s, and the auto maker has built cars there for the past 20 years. But it took less than six years for its German rivals to catch up with, and in some years exceed, Mercedes sales. Current strategies include introducing an A-Class compact hatchback and reaching out to younger, affluent buyers through fresh, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Seeks to Upend Audi in India Luxury Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.