Government did not influence GM Holden’s exit, prime minister says.
The Australian government says the close of Ford and GM Holden car manufacturing threatens to gut the auto-components sector. Prime Minister Tony Abbott says within days he will announce an assistance package for communities affected by the impending loss of Ford in 2016 and GM Holden in 2017. “The advice we have from those components suppliers is that they will need every second of that period between now and 2017 to make the adjustment,” he tells a news ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Government Vows to Help Ford, GM Holden Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.