Malaysian auto maker Perodua plans RM2.3 billion ($743.2 million) in capital expenditures over the next five years to upgrade all of its operations, as it seeks to fulfill its vision of becoming a global player. Perodua Managing Director Aminar Rashid Salleh says the centerpiece of the plan, a RM790 million ($225 million) state-of-the-art manufacturing plant to be run by a subsidiary called Perodua Global Mfg., will be operational by mid-2014 with an expected capacity of 100,000 vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Perodua Investment Targets Global Quality, Productivity, Cost" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.