BEIJING – It is a common expectation among China’s automotive community that auto sales this year will hit 11 million units and China will replace the U.S. as the world’s largest automobile market. But the fact that profits are decreasing when sales are increasing might undermine the ambition of the industry. Record production and sales have been achieved in the first five months this year. But in spite of this, shrinking profit margins have been nagging major domestic automakers. In ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Profits Vanishing in Automobile Sector" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.