Automaker expects sales boost from top Australia safety rating.
Malaysian automaker Proton is looking to its flagship Preve sedan and Suprima S hatchback to boost export sales in the Asia-Pacific region. Chief Operating Officer Hisham Othman says Proton is determined to make major inroads overseas and is focusing on selected markets at the moment, such as Australia, Indonesia, Thailand and Brunei. Hisham tells the Business Times the national automaker’s business plan includes increasing export sales. “This is why we are in Australia,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Returns to Australia, Eyes ASEAN Prospects " is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.