Gypsy’s off-road capability selling point in rural India.
MUMBAI – India's 2013 auto sales declined 7.2% to a little over 3 million units, WardsAuto data shows, but Maruti Suzuki maintained deliveries at almost the same level of the previous year – a little over 1 million. Even in the first four months of 2014, when industrywide sales declined 10.7% to just over 1 million units, Maruti Suzuki was able to restrict its decline 7.9%, to 377,715. The results reflect India’s No.1 automaker’s 5-point strategy: a powerful rural ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rural Focus Helps Maruti Suzuki Battle Sales Slump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.