Suzuki product plans’ effects on Ritz, other Maruti Suzuki models unclear.
MUMBAI – Japanese automaker Suzuki is facing unexpected complications in its plans to launch a wholly owned Indian subsidiary. Suzuki Motor Gujarat (SMG), headed by Senior Executive Officer Naoki Aizawa, would operate on 1,190 acres (480 ha) of land leased from its 32-year-old Maruti Suzuki joint venture near Ahmedabad. It would supply vehicles solely to Maruti Suzuki, which also would handle distribution and sales. Maruti Suzuki is organizing a 2-month campaign to convince global and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki Faces Shareholder Pushback Over India Venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.