Production now expected to reach 2.51 million units this year.
Falling domestic sales mean it is unlikely the Thai motor industry will meet the 2013 industry production target of 2.55 million vehicles. The Federation of Thai Industries, the auto industry club, says output after 10 months was up 7.1% to 2.115 million vehicles. But with production for the last two months forecast at 390,686 units, the 12-month total will come in at just 2.51 million vehicles. The club says October’s vehicle output fell 26.6% to 185,117 units, as domestic sales slid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Industry Expected to Miss 2013 Output Target as Sales Slow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.