By Richard Chang NEW YORK, Nov 19 (Reuters) - Boyhood dreams of toy cars that used to cost less than $1 each are now going for enough money to buy the real thing. A Dodge Wreck truck that toy maker Lesney Matchbox put out in 1965 sold for $6,936.38 on eBay (http://www.ebay.com) on Monday. The usual price for this 3-inch die-cast model is about $15. The real truck costs $2,000 to $3,000. So why the big premium? The trademark BP (British Petroleum) green and yellow colors on the eBay ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Assets-Rare die-cast toy cars in high gear" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.