MUNICH, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Volkswagen premium unit Audi, for years an also-ran in the U.S. car market, has poached Porsche's top executive in North America to serve as new head of sales and marketing, sources familiar with the situation told Reuters on Tuesday. Peter Schwarzenbauer, 48, will replace Ralph Weyler, viewed as an ally of the former Volkswagen CEO Bernd Pischetsrieder who had been criticised for Audi's relatively weak sales results in the U.S. market and his close ties to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi picks Porsche exec as sales chief - sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.