FRANKFURT, Dec 18 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG's premium unit Audi AG said on Monday it would start production in India of its A6 model from autumn 2007. Production will be based at a plant in the west Indian city of Aurangabad and will involve the assembly of parts manufactured in Germany for Audi A6 cars destined for the Indian market, Audi said in a statement. "This engagement gives us a better chance to tap the market. Through the delivery of the car parts, our domestic sites will also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi to start India production from Autumn 2007" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.