FRANKFURT, May 20 (Reuters) - Volkswagen's premium auto unit Audi expects to generate a pretax return on sales of more than 8 percent by 2020, compared with 6.5 percent in 2009. By that time, return on capital employed (ROCE) will be above 18 percent, compared with 11.5 percent in 2009, the carmaker said on Thursday. The company expects its operating profit to grow faster than sales this year as it cuts costs. (Reporting by Irene Preisinger; Writing by Maria Sheahan)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi targets 2020 return on sales above 8 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.