SYDNEY, Aug 28 (Reuters) - The Australian government on Friday said a scheme to provide finance for car dealerships in the country would start from Sept. 1. The special purpose vehicle, known as OzCar, was needed so that remaining dealerships, that once got financing from General Electric and GMAC [GM.UL] dealerships, will have more time to secure ongoing financing, Treasurer Wayne Swan said in a press release. (Reporting by Wayne Cole; Editing by Denny Thomas)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Australia govt to activate car dealer finance plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.