’15 Acura TLX on sale this month in U.S.
MIDDLEBURG, VA – Honda will offer stop/start in North America for the first time, with the debut of the '15 Acura TLX sedan next month. Honda already has stop/start, which shuts down a vehicle's engine at rest and restarts it when either the brake is released or accelerator pedal pressed, on some models sold in Japan and Europe. Acura decided to pluck the technology, dubbed Idle Stop, off Honda's shelf for the TLX as a fuel-saving feature for the new sedan's heaviest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Acura Brings Honda Stop/Start System to North America" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.