BMW X4 (above) now in production as Spartanburg prepares for addition of X7.
The resurging popularity of large 3-row utility vehicles in the U.S. leads BMW to announce an expansion of its Spartanburg, SC, plant to assemble the new X7, which will be the brand’s largest vehicle, slotting in above the X5. During a ceremony to celebrate the announcement today at the plant, BMW Group Chairman Norbert Reithofer says U.S. dealers have demanded a more spacious product that competes with the Lexus LX, Mercedes GL, Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator and Infiniti ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Expanding Spartanburg for X7 Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.