Freightliner trucks key to U.S. growth.
BIRMINGHAM, MI – With fortunes uncertain in Europe, Daimler turns its eye toward the U.S. as a platform for stable growth. The parent company of Freightliner and Mercedes-Benz says all indicators point to continued strong truck and luxury-car sales in the U.S. A senior Daimler executive estimates that of the auto maker’s $42 billion profit in 2012, $16 billion was generated in the country. “I would rate the U.S. behind China’s growth rate as the best ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler Growing Outside Germany to Stabilize at Home" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.