Ford says 25% of Flex buyers in California choose black wheels.
A growing trend toward black wheels that began with motorsports enthusiasts is turning into a cash cow for Ford. Black wheels are popular among the street-racing crowd not only for their hot looks but also because they hide brake dust well. But what was an aftermarket niche now is becoming a middle-of-the-road trend as black wheels are as likely to be seen on family haulers, such as the Ford Flex cross/utility vehicle, as they are on the Mustang GT muscle car, Ford Marketing Manager ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Car Buyers Embracing Black Wheel Option" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642