Siemens IntoSite software virtually can recreate plant floors.
DEARBORN, MI – Ford and supplier partner Siemens have launched a pilot program designed to give manufacturing engineers and other personnel unparalleled access to information about the assembly plant floor. The program uses IntoSite, a cloud-based web application developed using the Google Earth platform. Through IntoSite, manufacturing engineers can access a 3-D version of assembly plants, down to the workstations, to better understand global processes. At any virtual location, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford, Siemens Collaborate on Virtual Manufacturing Software" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.